Blog Post #10

• Can your PLN be used to help professional development post-course? If yes, how? If no, what limitations exist?

I think PLN can help professional development after the course. As a student, most of my PLN is composed of classmates and mentors. PLN allows me to express ideas or ask questions quickly and easily, and get a response. In addition, we all have similar courses or come from the same major here, so our future career plans are mostly similar. We can also share and discuss through PLN in future work.

• Can your PLN be relied on to open professional opportunities?

In my opinion, PLN can provide open career opportunities. First of all, PLN is an open network platform. Many people will share and publish content here. Maybe my future work or my boss will also be in it. Besides, I will pay close attention to job information related to my major, which will help me find and select suitable jobs. At the same time, when people publish content and discuss content, they will constantly update their understanding and ideas. Maybe at first, people are confused about their future work direction, but through constant understanding, they finally find the job they want.

1. Barbara Wang

I agree, PLN is a two-way public platform. Both employers and employees can reach each other. Job seekers in the same direction can share their work experience at PLN. Also employers can find the people they need more precisely on PLN.

2. andrewz

Hi Bonnie,
    I agree with you that PLN can provide variety of opportunities. With diversity of social media platforms, it has provided us chances to structuring ourselves, to improve our PLN, and to make great future via opportunities.

3. abrucks

Hi!

To build on your point of using a PLN to help professional development post-course, I think a strong point is how the connections with mentors and classmates can be used to find other connections. By communicating with these people in your PLN and communicating with those in their PLN you can curate a network filled with professionals who can further teach you and create opportunities.